Whew! It was a harsh past three weeks when high winds and warm temps forced us to grind to a standstill (after running several great snowcat trips around Christmas). Days without any measurable precipitation turned into weeks of dry weather. We watched, disheartened, as the ridge of high pressure refused to budge and nervously wondered when we could start running snowcat skiing trips again.
Fortunately, the waiting has ended; we are open for business and are ready to ski powder!
The storm that rolled in late Sunday brought around 12 inches to our lower terrain. The new snow and predicted stormy weather throughout the week and upcoming weekend can tide us through the next dry spell… if needed.
We appreciate your patience while waiting for more snow and your concerns about upcoming trips. Those of you who have trips booked now through the end of January (or who are thinking about booking a trip) you will have great conditions even if it doesn’t snow this week. The last storm brought enough snow to allow us to ski most of our trees runs; which, till now, needed more coverage.
The Southern San Juans still have one of the deeper snowpacks inColorado.